In this episode of Wellness Mama, Michael dives deep on the research behind mold and effective ways to deal with it. They talk about the things to know, what to look (and test) for, and what to do if you have a health problem. Michael also talks about the health effects of mold and how to support your health if you’ve been exposed (which many of us have).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How his first time ever meditating was with Deepak Chopra and what it was like
- Why indoor air quality is so important
- We breathe 20,000 times per day and the air we breathe can make a huge difference
- Why there can be mold problems even in homes that are immaculate and always kept clean
- How mold gets into our homes and it isn’t always a water leak
- What he recommends about mold testing in the home
- The top places he finds mold growing and what remediation looks like
- What to do with buying, building, or remodeling a home to reduce chances of mold
- Effects of mold in the body that we may not realize
- Warning signs to look for with mold
- His take: all autoimmunity has some connection with mold
- Ways to help support the body after mold exposure
Give a listen below!
Katie Wells, CTNC, MCHC, Founder of Wellness Mama and Co-founder of Wellnesse, has a background in research, journalism, and nutrition. As a mom of six, she turned to research and took health into her own hands to find answers to her health problems. WellnessMama.com is the culmination of her thousands of hours of research and all posts are medically reviewed and verified by the Wellness Mama research team. Katie is also the author of the bestselling books The Wellness Mama Cookbook and The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox.
About Michael Rubino
Michael Rubino is the authority on mold remediation. As Founder and Chairman of HomeCleanse, Rubino specializes in working with people who are immunocompromised or have acute and sustained reactions to mold exposure. Rubino provides solutions that not only get rid of mold sources but also get rid of the contamination created by those mold sources using his proprietary “Home Detox” method. He is a council-certified Mold Remediator by IICRC and ACAC and a contributing member, sponsor, and speaker for the Indoor Air Quality Association.