Michael Rubino joins Lori La Bey on Alzheimer's Speaks Radio to talk about all things mold, remediation, indoor air quality, and the impact our indoor environments have on health. Michael discusses his experience in the field as well as steps individuals can take to improve their indoor environments so that they support their ongoing wellbeing.
What You’ll Learn:
- Who Michael is, his certifications, his book The Mold Medic: An Expert’s Guide on Mold Removal, and his company HomeCleanse
- How someone can determine if mold is in their home and the “old way” of conducting this method which was only an air test
- How being proactive vs reactive can help ensure ongoing home health, especially with screening a home
- The influence the pandemic played on individuals developing exposure-related symptoms and the increased awareness of indoor air quality’s effect on health
- Michael’s new product, The Dust Test
- The health impact Michael has seen in clients who are suffering from exposure to toxic indoor spaces
- Connecting the dots between why these contaminants need to be regulated in homes and how the industry is rapidly evolving
- Why mold in a home is completely different than mold in the environment
- Michael’s experience with a moldy coffee machine
- Common places for mold in a home and tricky places to find it
- The importance of mitigating moisture
- How MERV 16 filters can help actually remove particles from the air and HVAC system
- How the HVAC system can become a toxic warzone
- Choosing the right air purifiers
- What remediation is and how Michael’s company remediates nationwide
- The importance of taking things one step at a time
Give a listen below!
About Dr. Carrie Jones:
Dr. Carrie Jones is a Naturopathic Physician who is board certified in Naturopathic Endocrinology (FABNE) with a Master's in Public Health (MPH) having over 17 years in the field of functional and integrative medicine. As former Adjunct Faculty for the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), she has taught courses in both Gynecology and Advanced Endocrinology. She was the Medical Director for two large integrative clinics in Portland, Oregon and the Medical Director for Precision Analytical Inc, creators of the DUTCH Test for almost 10 years. She’s the Clinical Expert for the Lifestyle Matrix Resource Center (LMRC) serving the SOS Stress Recovery Program. Currently, she is the Head of Medical Education at Rupa Health.
As a result, she has lectured all over the world on the topic of health and hormones and has had the privilege to consult with the most amazing health care practitioners on their patients. Understanding the human body is complicated.
About Michael Rubino
Michael Rubino, author of The Mold Medic: An Expert's Guide to Mold Removal, is the authority on mold remediation. As President ofHomeCleanse, Rubino specializes in working with people who are immunocompromised or have acute and sustained reactions to mold exposure. Rubino provides solutions that not only get rid of mold sources but also get rid of the contamination created by those mold sources using his proprietary “Home Detox” method. He is a council-certified Mold Remediator by IICRC and ACAC and a contributing member, sponsor, and speaker for the Indoor Air Quality Association.
Still Have Questions?
A member of our team is here to help! Click on “Get Started ➤” below to book a consultation with a member of the HOMECLEANSE team. We have a few quick questions that will help us put together a roadmap to solve or prevent all of your mold problems.
Two minutes of your time could lead to better health for you and your family.