Choosing laundry supplies is like choosing your favorite sports team. Between scents, ease of use, ingredients, efficiency, price, and a million and one other factors, there is a long list of reasons why the one you deem the best is the best. Not to mention all of the specialty additions like stain removers or fabric softeners. And, chances are, once you’ve found the products you love, you’ll stick with them and encourage others to jump on the bandwagon until the end of time. One aspect you may not have considered, though, is whether you’re using products that help remove tiny particles like mold spores. What is one product that should absolutely be in your cleaning arsenal that can tackle this job? EC3 Laundry Additive!
This botanical laundry additive isn’t just healthier for you and your family; it can also help prevent mold and improve overall home health.
Talk about a win-win, right?!
What are Botanical Cleaning Products?
When it comes to cleaning, the botanical route is absolutely the way to go. Not only can it benefit the environment, but it can also benefit your health.
One of the standout advantages of botanical cleaning products is their eco-friendliness. Traditional cleaning products can contain chemicals that contribute to water and air pollution as well as harm aquatic and terrestrial wildlife. Botanical products, on the other hand, are often made from renewable resources such as plants and herbs. This means that they’re usually biodegradable and have a reduced impact on the environment. So not only will your home be spotless, but you can also rest easy knowing that you're doing your part to protect the planet.
But the benefits don't stop there. Botanical cleaning products can also be safer for your health. Traditional cleaning products often contain harsh chemicals that can cause skin irritation, respiratory problems, and other health issues. In contrast, botanical products are often made from renewable, natural ingredients like essential oils, and are less likely to cause these types of health problems. Your home will not only be clean, but you can also breathe easy knowing that you're not exposing yourself or your family to harmful chemicals.
EC3 Laundry Additive: A Botanical Solution
With that in mind, that’s where EC3 Laundry Additive comes into play!
What is EC3 Laundry Additive?
EC3 is a product that can be added to your washing cycle to help remove particles from porous surfaces. As an added bonus, it’s a great way to prevent mold growth in the laundry machine as well.
EC3 uses natural botanical ingredients to safely and efficiently tackle microscopic particles. Their specific cocktail utilizes citrus seed extracts to kick contaminants to the curb. It also features tea tree oil and natural surfactants, which help pull particles from the fibers of porous items and clean them away. This is a key part of cleaning any type of clothing or other machine-washable items because if the particles remain behind, they’ll continue to build up on the surface.
To prove EC3’s removal ability, Micro Balance hired Real Time Labs to assess the effectiveness of their cleaning products, which found that they are successful in treating contamination.
Why use EC3 Laundry Additive?
Using EC3 Laundry Additive offers a number of benefits for your home and your health.
Here are a few reasons to reach for EC3:
- Safe for Sensitive Skin: Many traditional laundry detergents contain harsh chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin. EC3 Laundry Additive is free from these chemicals, making it safe for people with allergies or other skin sensitivities.
- Hypoallergenic: EC3 Laundry Additive is hypoallergenic, meaning it is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than traditional laundry products. This makes it a great choice for households with children, pets, or people with allergies.
- Fragrance-Free: Many laundry products contain strong fragrances that can be overwhelming or irritating. EC3 Laundry Additive is fragrance-free, so you can enjoy fresh, clean laundry without any added scents.
- Environmentally Friendly: Again, botanical cleaning products like EC3 Laundry Additive are better for the environment than traditional cleaning products. They are made from natural, renewable resources and are biodegradable, meaning they won't harm the planet when you dispose of them.
- Prevents Mold: This botanical cleanser uses natural ingredients to remove contaminants like mold spores and bacteria from items that you’re washing. That way, you’re not wearing clothes with mold or lounging with a contaminant-filled blanket. And using EC3 Laundry Additive not only removes particles from your belongings but also any contaminants that have made their way into the washing machine. This can help prevent mold in the machine itself. As a bonus, it also helps remove any soapy, sudsy residue that can be a food source for mold.
For more information on preventing mold in your laundry machine, check out this blog post.
How to Use EC3 Laundry Additive
Using EC3 Laundry Additive is easy. Who doesn’t love that?!
All you have to do is add one ounce of EC3 Laundry Additive to your washing machine along with your regular laundry detergent. For heavily soiled clothes, you can use up to two ounces of EC3 Laundry Additive. Run your washing machine as usual, and enjoy fresh, clean laundry that is free from mold and other harmful contaminants.
Some things to toss in with EC3 include:
- Shower curtain
- Mattress protector
EC3 Laundry Additive and Moldy Washable Items
Sadly, the best way to get rid of mold on porous items is to throw that contaminated item out.
Once mold starts to colonize, those roots will grow deep into the fibers of whatever surface it’s on. For porous items like clothing, that leads to moldy roots throughout the fibers of the garment. On the other hand, that living mold is also releasing spores and potential toxins into the surrounding area and into the clothing item. Thanks to their small size, many of these particles can embed themselves deep within the fibers of the fabric as well.
At the end of the day, this infestation of moldy particles makes it incredibly difficult to completely decontaminate the item. For hypersensitive individuals feeling the effects of toxicity, any exposure to these particles can allow those chronic symptoms to continue. As the EPA says, even dead mold can trigger adverse health reactions, which is why bleach is not on the recommended list for mold-fighting products.
To ensure that exposure actually stops, those items have got to go.
For information on how to prevent mold on clothing, check out this blog post.
Upping Your Laundry Routine
At the end of the day, creating a healthy home is like putting pieces of a puzzle together. Removing microscopic particles from items like clothing and bedding and creating a safe laundry machine just happen to be a part of that process! The cleaner these things are, the more they will support your ongoing wellness.
Adding EC3 Laundry Additive is a great way to make sure that you’re getting as much cleaning power as possible and help prevent mold. It’s a win-win!
Ready to Add EC3 To Your Cleaning Products?
Still Have Questions?
A member of our team is here to help! Click on “Get Started ➤” below to book a consultation with a member of the HOMECLEANSE team. We have a few quick questions that will help us put together a roadmap to solve or prevent all of your mold problems.
Two minutes of your time could lead to better health for you and your family.