Michael Rubino joins Lori La Bey on Alzheimer's Speaks Radio to talk about all things mold, remediation, indoor air quality, and the impact our indoor environments have on health. Michael discusses his experience in the field as well as steps individuals can take to improve their indoor environments so that they support their ongoing wellbeing.
What You’ll Learn:
- Michael’s experience with loved ones suffering from demensia
- What led Michael to the remediation and indoor air quality industry
- Michael’s book The Mold Medic: An Expert’s Guide on Mold Removal
- How he developed a new approach to remediation, which included a deep dive into science, and how this led to the realization of how much indoor environments impact health and how many people live in toxic spaces
- Testing a home for contaminants like mold and bacteria
- The importance of cleaning homes and removing dust
- The pros and cons of duct cleaning
- The impact exposure can have on the body
- The lack of awareness in the medical realm when it comes to environmental exposures and health
- The importance of proper remediation since the particles in question are incredibly small
- One of the overall problems with this worldwide issue is how expensive current remediation is and the lack of awareness, regulations, and assistance
- The impact of water damage on cars
- The role insurance companies play and the changes needed for better coverage for those suffering from mold exposure and toxic environments
- Michael’s new product, The Dust Test
- How to remove mold completely, including the roots and many mistakes that are made during the remediation process
Give a listen below!
About Lori La Bey:
Lori La Bey is the founder of Alzheimer’s Speaks, a Minnesota-based advocacy group and media outlet making an international impact by providing education and support for those dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Her own mother struggled with dementia for over 30 years.
La Bey is a highly sought-after speaker, consultant, and advocate for new delivery systems and attitudes towards those living and dealing with dementia. In 2013, she was appointed to be an International Ambassador for the Purple Angel Project, the new global symbol for dementia.
Alzheimer’s Speaks Radio is about "Sound Information, Not Sound Bites." They are true talk radio with a mission to raise all voices around the world - big and small. From, a person diagnosed with a form of dementia or MCI, to family and friends, care partners, authors, researchers, support services, education, entertainment, advocacy work, to technology platforms, devices, and support; all voices are welcome to have an interesting and respectful conversation with the host Lori La Bey. Alzheimer’s Speaks Radio launched in 2011, and believe it is the first radio show in the world dedicated to dementia. Their goal is to give people solid information and ideas, raise dementia awareness and connect people around the globe.
About Michael Rubino
Michael Rubino, author of The Mold Medic: An Expert's Guide to Mold Removal, is the authority on mold remediation. As President ofHomeCleanse, Rubino specializes in working with people who are immunocompromised or have acute and sustained reactions to mold exposure. Rubino provides solutions that not only get rid of mold sources but also get rid of the contamination created by those mold sources using his proprietary “Home Detox” method. He is a council-certified Mold Remediator by IICRC and ACAC and a contributing member, sponsor, and speaker for the Indoor Air Quality Association.