WHAT ARE MYCOTOXINS?
HARMFUL TOXIC BYPRODUCTS PRODUCED BY CERTAIN SPECIES OF MOLD
WHAT ARE MYCOTOXINS?
Mycotoxins are toxic compounds naturally produced by fungi that are capable of causing a wide range of negative health effects in humans and animals. Researchers have identified over 300 mycotoxins already and believe that many have yet to be discovered. So far, government regulations focus on mycotoxins in relation to food (which is very important) but have not dealt with the toxic microorganisms in homes.
Molds produce mycotoxins as a self-defense mechanism when they feel threatened. What makes them feel threatened? As of now, scientists aren’t completely sure. Some evidence points to WiFi and electromagnetic frequencies, but we just don’t know the answer yet.
MYCOTOXINS AND HEALTH
Mycotoxins produce a wide range of health symptoms including:
- Brain fog
- Respiratory issues
- Digestive issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune diseases
- Neurological issues
Researchers are continuing to study the full effects of these toxins, but all agree that they are not what we want in your home environment. To ensure your safety, HomeCleanse’s contamination remediation strategy always includes mycotoxins and we guarantee to eradicate them under our remediation standards. If you are not able to use us for any reason, here are some resources and research so that you can ensure that mycotoxins are eliminated from your environment. Everyone deserves to live a healthy and happy life!
Please note that each doctor and regiment is different. We ask that you consult with your doctor and licensed inspector to discuss the levels of mold found in your home before inquiring about services to remove these toxins from your home.
WHY MYCOTOXINS ARE DANGEROUS
Mycotoxins cause mycoses and mycotoxicoses. Mycoses is the umbrella word for fungal diseases and occurs when we breathe the toxin in or comes in contact with our skin. Mycotoxicoses is the umbrella word for diseases caused by ingesting mycotoxins.
Mycoses range from annoying (e.g. athlete’s foot) to life-threatening (e.g. invasive aspergillosis). The fungi that cause mycoses can be divided into two categories: primary pathogens and opportunistic pathogens.
A) Primary Pathogens: affect healthy individuals with normal immune systems
B) Opportunistic Pathogens: affect immunocompromised individuals such as those suffering from diabetes or cancer
Unfortunately, the majority of human mycoses are caused by opportunistic fungi (149, 172, 245, 265).
How the diseases develop for both types of fungi are complicated and researchers are continuing to try to better understand how they affect the human body. We do know that some of the diseases only cause localized infections, while others cause systemic infections. That means they affect the entire body, not just one part. For many mycoses, toxins are inhaled, but direct exposure through skin contact is not uncommon.
Mycotoxicoses are examples of “poisoning by natural means” which means the body is affected by ingesting mycotoxins.
Symptoms of a mycotoxicosis contracted disease depend on a couple of factors including:
- The type of mycotoxin
- The amount and duration of exposure
- Age, health, and sex of the exposed individuals
Again, research is still ongoing. Scientists are continuing to look at different aspects like how pre-existing conditions (think vitamins deficiency or alcohol abuse) affect symptoms and severity of mycotoxin exposure. There’s a lot more about these toxins that we still need to understand.
how HomeCleanse helps you deal with mycotoxins
Mycotoxins are removed by:
- Finding the sources of mold potentially producing the mycotoxins
- Performing remediation to remove these sources of mold
- Prevention techniques to improve the structure and remove the opportunity that allowed these sources to exist in the first place
- Removing these toxic micro molecules from our home thereafter
We perform a thorough 3-stage wipe down of all exposed surfaces in the home. It guarantees to reduce the presence of bacteria on any and all non-porous (or hard) surfaces. If we test again after treatment and we don’t hit that mark, we’ll do the process again at no additional charge! Again, your health is what’s important to us. (Average time of completion is 3-5 days depending on the size of the home)
Interested in doing your own cleaning? No problem. We carefully packaged a crate of equipment and materials, the exact ones we use to clean your home. In addition to the crate, the purchase comes with a set of instructions and a consultation to go over how to perform the process properly. From there we help analyze post test results and guide you to continuing to create a healthier long lasting environment.