Currently, there is no certification for removing mycotoxins. These microscopic toxins are harmful toxic byproducts produced by certain species of molds. Through thorough research and trial and error, HomeCleanse Corp developed a protocol to effectively and efficiently treat these microscopic toxins.
Most of our business stems from medical referrals to help immunocompromised patients, such as CIRS, Lymes disease, and autoimmune disorders among others. Case studies have shown that patients respond better to treatment when they are not re-exposed to toxic substances found in their homes. By creating treatment protocols that deal with mold and its byproducts, our clients can live in healthy home environments and focus on healing.
Please note that each doctor and regiment is different. We ask that you consult with your doctor and licensed inspector to discuss the levels of mold found in your home before inquiring about services to remove these toxins from your home.
MOLD & YOUR HEALTH
Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects or none at all. Some people are just naturally sensitive to mold exposure. For sensitive individuals, mold exposure can cause a list of symptoms ranging from irritating to severe. Immunocompromised individuals, for example, may get serious infections in their lungs when exposed to mold. Research remains ongoing to determine the extent to which mold can affect the body, but current studies are already showing a correlation between exposure and adverse health reactions.
In 2004, the Institue of Medicine (IOM) found that there was enough evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with:
- Upper respiratory tract infections, cough, and wheezing in otherwise healthy individuals
- Asthma symptoms in individuals with asthma
- Hypersensitive Pneumonitis in individuals with immune-mediated diseases
Some evidence also suggested mold exposure can cause respiratory illness in healthy children.
Similar results were found for damp environments in general. In 2009, the World Health Organization went so far as to issue additional guidance for mold and damp environmental exposure, the WHO Guidelines for Indoor Air Quality: Dampness and Mould. Other studies have hinted at these same results and other relationships between exposure and developed symptoms, but research remains ongoing to learn more.
MOLD & YOUR HOME
Mold is found everywhere- both outdoors and indoors. It can easily ride the air current into a home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. The airborne spores outside can also attach to clothing, shoes, bags, and pets, and be brought inside a home.
The problem occurs when these spores come into contact with moist environments, like a leaky roof or flooded area inside. If they find these conditions, they can colonize. Molds’ versatility allows them to grow well on almost any surface and ingest a wide range of compounds, like dust, paint, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, fabric, cardboard, and carpets.
What does that mean for you?
Moisture is pretty much the only necessity spores are missing to start growing in your own home.
Mold species come in a variety of colors and have different properties. Some are toxic inherently and some can produce microscopic toxins called mycotoxins. Exposure to these compounds can also negatively impact your health.
If you can see mold or smell a musty odor, you have a health hazard in your home. The effect of mold exposure on individuals can vary greatly, so matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it.
For those without a current mold situation, taking preventative measures now can help stop mold growth before it starts.
MOLD PREVENTION TIPS
Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF MOLD IN YOUR HOME
From the National Institute of Health:
A SPREADING CONCERN: INHALATIONAL HEALTH EFFECTS OF MOLD
Still Have Questions?
A member of our team is here to help! Click on “Get Started ➤” below to book a consultation with a member of the HOMECLEANSE team. We have a few quick questions that will help us put together a roadmap to solve or prevent all of your mold problems.
Two minutes of your time could lead to better health for you and your family.