Your Makeup May Not Be Safe, Here’s Why – Safewise

March 11, 2021

Your makeup may be hiding more than an exciting new look. It could be harboring mold. Mold in your cosmetics can cause breakouts and skin irritation. And inhaling the mold can cause restricted breathing.

We did some research and asked Michael Rubino, an air quality expert, for tips on fixing the problem so fixing your face is safer.


“Not in the bathroom! When storing makeup, you want to place it in a cool, dry place. Bathrooms are the exact opposite of these types of environments, as we constantly bombard them with water from the shower, toilet, and sink,” says Rubino.

Makeup and makeup tools offer up a variety of edible options for mold spores. That’s why moldy makeup products can occur in the blink of an eye. Reducing the moisture removes the opportunity for growth and keeps those products safer and healthier for longer, says Rubino.

Read the full article here:

Still Have Questions?

A member of our team is here to help!  Click on “Get Started ➤” below to book a consultation with a member of the HOMECLEANSE team. We have a few quick questions that will help us put together a roadmap to solve or prevent all of your mold problems.

Two minutes of your time could lead to better health for you and your family.